Carrot Cake Milkshake
(healthy and sugar-free!)
- 1 extremely-ripe, large banana (frozen)
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (For an extremely rich, “ice cream”-like shake, try coconut milk. Also, use more or less, depending on desired thickness.)
- If, like me, you prefer smoothies in a bowl, reduce milk, or add a pinch of xantham and guar gums.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- heaping 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small carrot (50g or so)
- scant 1/16 tsp salt (to bring out sweetness)
- Optional: coconut oil or homemade coconut butter.
Steam your carrot first, then blend all of the ingredients together in your blender, food processor, or even a Magic Bullet. (Note: This still tastes delicious if you just use almond milk. But it’s more of a carrot cake smoothie than a true milkshake.)
Optional: Crumble a Single-Lady Carrot Cake on top!