Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 0
Keywords: raw no bake snack dessert vegetarian vegan soy-free gluten-free
Dark Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter ‘Fudge’
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal (I use GF Nature’s Path)
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (optional, but adds a nice texture)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut + coconut for sprinkling (optional)
- 1. Line an 8 inch square pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper going each way.
- 2. In a medium sized saucepan, stir together the peanut butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla, and almond milk together over low-medium heat. Once combined, slowly add in the sifted cocoa power and the kosher salt. Stir over low heat being careful not to burn.
- 3. Mix in the 3 cups of rice crispies and remove from heat. Now add I the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and stir well. Spread this mixture into the square pan lined with parchment paper. Press down firmly and evenly. Place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to firm up.
- 4. Meanwhile, make the Dark Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter by melting the 1/2 cup chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Be careful not to burn. Now stir in the 1 cup peanut butter, 1/3 cup coconut (optional), and kosher salt to taste. Mix until completely combined.
- 5. Remove the pan from the freezer when firm to touch and spread on as much of the Dark Chocolate PB ‘fudge’ as you prefer. I think I used about 3/4-1 cup. Sprinkle with coconut if desired.
- 6. Place in the freezer for 45-50 minutes until firm (yes it takes longer to firm up than you think!). Cut into squares and enjoy! Store in the freezer or fridge.